This position involved the analysis of a set of reserving segments, including quarterly monitoring and a full annual analysis, well as other special actuarial studies.
SCOR is the 4th largest Reinsurance Company worldwide, following a profit-driven underwriting policy and practising selectively across all branches of reinsurance. Our specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
The Group’s strategy is based on a development model driven by three entities: SCOR Global P&C (Property and Casualty reinsurance), SCOR Global Life (Life reinsurance), and SCOR Global Investments (asset management).
Key duties and responsibilities
• Assist chief actuary in analyzing selected reserving segments using the ResQ reserving tool
• Maintain adequate documentation to support the reserving analyses
• Monitor reserving segments during quarterly closing, including Actual vs Expected analysis
• Work on various modeling projects (e.g. Canada DCAT report and Workers’ Comp Discounting)
• Assist chief actuary in preparation of annual reserving reports, and quarterly reserving memos
Required experience and Education
Required experience & competencies
• Minimum 2 years of P&C reserving experience
• Strong technical and problem-solving skills
• Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft office products
• Knowledge of VBA is an asset
• Ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to enhance their reserving knowledge and expertise
• Minimum BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent with resultant skills
• Minimum 3 exams passed towards ACAS designation