Catastrophe Modeling Manager (India market focus)
· Based in Singapore, this role-holder is expected to lead a team of modelling professionals with responsibility for Cat risk pricing, accumulation management, perils research and to drive Cat initiatives for key APAC markets with focus on India.
· Reporting to the APAC Head of Cat Risk, this senior level position will be part of SCOR’s Global Nat Cat team and there will be opportunities to contribute to wider team initiatives and research projects
· Expert in Cat modelling and/or model development with strong communication and management capability.
· Job dimensions include both technical and client facing opportunity to work closely with internal and external stakeholders (regional Cat manager, underwriters, pricing actuaries, risk managers, brokers, clients).
Key duties and responsibilities
- Be able to independently structure and complete more complex modeling analyses.
- Experience or at least understanding with Cat accumulation control
- Capable of conducting Cat peril research and model evaluation studies as required
- Ability to work, communicate and coordinate directly with Nat Cat Management team, Actuarial, Underwriting and other departments.
- Provide guidance to junior modelers and actuaries on the Cat component of reinsurance pricing
- Coaching and development of team members.
- Understand and synthesize new developments from the modeling companies and help to communicate to wider colleagues
Actively contributing ideas and avenues for exploration throughout the year to both the APAC and Global CAT teams, where appropriate.
Required experience and Education
Required experience & competencies
- Strong analytical, problem solving approach.
- 7 plus years of catastrophe modeling experience.
- Experience in using RMS or AIR CAT model(s) preferred although not required.
- Clear communicator, able to structure an argument and explain complex issues in a simple way.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and time management skills required – ability to multi-task.
- Team player, interested in sharing knowledge.
- SQL, VBA, GIS, or R programming skills are a distinct advantage.
Minimum Educational Level
- Bachelor’s degree in a highly numerate structured discipline, such as math, actuarial science, engineering, computer science.