Data Manager Junior (M/F)
SCOR Group Investments Office has initiated an iaDWH project to address the reporting topics regarding invested assets. The Data Management team will lead this project until its full implementation and then the team will be in charge of new evolutions, maintenance and data quality enhancements. We are recruiting the Data Manager Junior (Alternance). The role consists in maintaining and ensuring data quality in SCOR’s Investment Analytics Data Warehouse.
Dirigé par Denis KESSLER, avec 37 implantations dans le monde et intervenant auprès de plus de 4 000 clients dans le monde entier, SCOR (plus de 2 500 personnes, un chiffre d’affaires annuel de plus de 13 milliards d’euros, une cotation au SBF 120) est le premier réassureur français et le quatrième réassureur mondial.
SCOR exerce dans trois grands domaines d’activité : la réassurance de dommages et de responsabilité (P&C), la réassurance de personnes (Life) et la gestion d’actifs (Investments).
Key duties and responsibilities
Under the responsibility of “Data Manager Senior”, you will be in charge of :
Data base design and set-up, data entry, cleaning and performing data management activities related to production, as needed
- ensure the exhaustivity of data entry in DWH: check integration, run the process on manual integration, manage the integration report,
- install database management systems and provide input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance,
- provide day-to-day, hands-on database admin support for routine tasks,
- ensure data quality in the data warehouse,
- perform control on data and manage exception reports
- analyse data quality metrics and KPI’s
- propose, plan, prioritize and follow up on fixes and solutions
- manage the overrides
- ensure regular reconciliation
- propose permanent data quality enhancements of the data warehouse in accordance to the evolutions of needs,
- Respond to user queries for information, identify, assess and resolve issues and problems,
- Track these requests, ensure requests are completed in a timely manner,
- Seek advice and escalate issues when facing tasks/problems outside normal scope of role,
- Establish and build knowledge of relevant processes and related systems to effectively perform responsibilities, meet all quality and compliance standards and requirements,
- Write updates all required trial data management documentation,
- Ensure adequate preparation for internal and external database and data management audits, can respond knowledgeably and confidently to issues or questions that arise during audits,
- Apply procedures to ensure accuracy of output and adopts continuous improvement approach,
- Participate in the development of standard operating procedures and guidelines,
- Keeping your management informed of progress against deadlines.
Required experience and Education
- A technical bachelor’s degree or business degree with analytical experience,
- A MBA or Masters with a concentration in math, statistics, finance, economics or engineering would be appreciated (CFA).
- Analytical (statistics, financial analysis) skills,
- Knowledge on market data and market instruments,
- Knowledge of SQL, Business Objects and Markit,
- Customer focus, teamwork abilities, integrity, and relationship-building skills,
- An excellent command of English (written and spoken),
- Autonomous, rigorous ans dynamic.