RISK EXPERIENCE AND CONSISTENT COMMITMENT
Our large capacity, technical knowledge and commitment to providing and supporting innovative, tailor-made solutions, make us a well-recognized player in the offshore market. Our commitment has been tested through hardship – from 1988 Piper Alpha to 2010 Macondo – thereby demonstrating that consistency and commitment are genuine core values for SCOR.
Over and above its significant underwriting capacity, the offshore team offers experience and technical expertise that is recognized on the market, as well as a strong willingness to work with clients in order to develop new risk management solutions.
This consistency, combined with creativity and versatility, has enabled us to develop long-term client and broker relationships throughout market cycles.
A MULTI-TALENTED TEAM
Because it takes experience and expertise to understand and keep up with this particularly innovative sector, our underwriters have strong technical backgrounds acquired from past industrial experience. Combined with in-depth knowledge of insurance, this broad spectrum of know-how (ranging from offshore unit design, contracting and installation to advanced drilling processes and operations) means that we speak the same language as our clients facing technical challenges and complex insurance requirements.
We are also able to take part in a wide range of technical surveys and visits, as we all have valid BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training) certification and field experience.
A WIDE RANGE OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
We serve a wide range of companies, ranging from small independent ventures to fully-integrated national and international oil majors, and provide insurance solutions for:
- Offshore and onshore exploration & production
- Offshore and shipyard construction projects
- Submarine cable laying and operation
Our offering goes beyond risk transfer, encompassing a wide range of services:
- Pricing and leading of complex insurance programs
- Expertise in the review and design of captive programs and captive protection
- Ability to write worldwide business on a direct or reinsurance basis
- Risk assessment visits and loss prevention recommendations, designed to spread best practices and the lessons learned from our wealth of experience
- Specific technical seminars and “SCOR Campus” conferences
A specialized claims team works pragmatically with our underwriters to provide fair and timely settlements: click here for more info.