Longevity Actuary EMEA (Exclu. UK)
Contributing to all aspects of understanding, pricing and managing longevity reinsurance risks, enhancing SGL’s ability to write profitable new business. Job holder will be required to lead longevity pricing research and advise on longevity pricing bases working closely with Longevity R&D. This will be both through own work and through helping to develop team members.
Key duties and responsibilities
Quote Production and Deal Execution
- Analyse tender requests and work closely with the Head of EMEA (ex UK) Longevity to ensure the basis supports the efficient and accurate delivery of quotes and has ongoing applicability to client needs
- Ensure that key pricing issues/risks are highlighted early and referred through the referral process as appropriate
- Peer review pricing work produced by colleagues
- Lead the development of Longevity pricing tools (using Prophet, Excel, SAS and other applications) through analysis of business needs and coordinating the programming, testing and documentation in conjunction with Global Longevity team
- Assist the Head of EMEA (ex UK) Longevity in actuarial aspects of deal negotiation and execution
- Lead the delivery and ongoing innovation of pricing bases and tools that enable the business to write profitable new business and develop its product offering maintaining consistency in with Global approach
- Jointly lead the delivery of analysis of internal and external data with Longevity R&D, obtaining maximum value from available information
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the risks of Longevity business
- Keep abreast of major developments in the Longevity research field
- Work closely with the Head of EMEA (ex UK) Longevity to enhance client relationships and new business opportunities with particular emphasis on promoting of SCOR’s technical longevity expertise to existing and prospective clients
- Maintain interaction with other departments across SCOR in order to contribute to multi-function projects as required
- Oversee and project manage the delivery of assigned Longevity quotes
- Contribute to the management, and support the development of, junior colleagues and non-specialists with possibly one direct report.
People management responsibility
- Possibly 1 report
Required experience and Education
- Qualified Actuary
- Educated to A-level or above
- French and English: Can actively participate in meetings and group conversations. Can lead negotiations. Writes complex business letters and reports.