• At least 5 years of life actuarial experience, including two years or more in a pricing and product development role; reinsurance industry experience preferred
• Solid analytical skills with strong problem solving ability.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Project and staff management experience desirable
• Must be able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in one or more life actuarial pricing systems (e.g., AXIS, TAS, Prophet)
• Ability to work extended hours as necessary to meet transaction and project deadlines
• Problem Solving - Identifies and analyses issues, proposes and rolls out relevant solutions after appropriate approvals.
• Communication - Knows how and when to develop/sustain a message and/or an idea (speaking and writing), uses the right tools to present information.
• Resilience - Demonstrates an ability to step back when facing difficult situations and to bounce back after a failure.
• Decision Making - Makes decisions and/or rolls out the decisions taking into account all available information.
• Accountability - Alerts, raises the critical points when needed, shoulders and corrects his/her decisions and shows responsibility regarding cost management.
• Commitment - Makes effort to bring his/her skills and uses his/her expertise to contribute to the success of the Group.
• Curiosity - Demonstrates an appetite for learning and developing his/her-self in his/her field of expertise, can develop new practices and methods in relation with his/her day-to-day work.
• Ability to employ information: identify, recognize, record and store digital information to facilitate retrieval and use
• Ability to access information: locate, select and retrieve digital information
• Ability to determine data's quality, value, and relevance in different contexts
• Ability to turn information into business insights, analyze trends and how to compare or combine relevant data sets
• Apply security measures in digital environments: protect hardware, software applications, data and personal information
• Ability to create information: generate new digital content and knowledge by organizing, integrating, adapting and applying digital information
• Ability to encrypt data
• Ability to identify and assess accurate sources of information
• Bachelor of Arts or Science in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related field and equivalent work