P&C - Senior Claims Examiner
- Provide claims technical expertise, claim file leadership & management (technical claims and medium-sized claims, including supervising delegated claims to the Technical Account department) for the India Branch under the target operating model of Global Claims which includes triage and segmentation model for effective claims operations.
- Drive the implementation of claims minimum standards & “Best in Class” claims performance service level agreements for SCOR in leading projects and projecting the technical expertise and professional capabilities of SCOR in India as a leading claims service provider
- Promote SCOR claims services as a “go to” resource.
- Abide by and embody SCOR Global Claims Philosophy & Statement & Global Claims Handling Guidelines
SCOR is the 4th largest Reinsurance Company worldwide, following a profit-driven underwriting policy and practising selectively across all branches of reinsurance. Our specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
The Group’s strategy is based on a development model driven by three entities: SCOR Global P&C (Property and Casualty reinsurance), SCOR Global Life (Life reinsurance), and SCOR Global Investments (asset management).
Key duties and responsibilities
Assist the Regional Claims Manager in delivery of claims technical handling and expert services to enable the effective management of the India office claims operations by providing technical, leadership, reporting and management support in the following areas:
- Assist in the management of claims within delegated authorities by Global Claims
- Setting up of claims protocols on accounts in which SCOR leads
- Assist in the management and handling of medium-sized claims (e.g. Static claims project or claims under TA delegated authority)
- Conduct claims audits of Cedants& loss adjusters whenever required
- Attend site inspections or surveys whenever necessary
- Responsible for issuing of Large Loss Notifications and CEM documentation, maintenance of quarterly watch list, quarterly close process with regard to India Branch claims.
- Assist in implementing enhanced procedures, guidelines & ICS controls (including flow charts and written procedures) from Global Claims
- Familiar with the Claims Platform and ensures claim reserves and/or payments are promptly updated
- Monitors trends in claims and prepare necessary statistical information or reports for management and underwriting use
- Implements and communicates any claims policy to all staff (including TA team)
- Provide support to SBS and Treaty solution driven claims inputs / technical advice and interpretation and drafting of clauses
- Approves and checks claims within settling authority and refers those in excess to senior claims management with appropriate commentary and recommendation
- Standardizes claims practice and strengthens claims control / leakage
- Work with the Regional Claims Manager to update and maintain accurate documentation of claims procedures.
- Contributes in promoting the image of the company by providing quality claims services, quality technical advice and information feedback to management and underwriters, implement company procedures and guidelines on claims processes, within delegated authorities and delivery service standards
- Establishes and achieves service standard for the business entity.
Required experience and Education
- University degree /college/professional qualifications with at least 7-8 years’ of relevant claims handling experience or similar equivalent academic and hands-on experience,
- High degree of analysis, independence and leadership skills are essential
- High level of claims reporting skills required to produce high-quality claims management reports and produce claims analysis and management strategies
- Good negotiation, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English a necessary pre-requisite