• At least 5 years of life actuarial experience, including two years or more in a pricing and product development role; reinsurance industry experience preferred
• Solid analytical skills with strong problem solving ability.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Project experience desirable
• Must be able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in one or more life actuarial pricing systems
Creativity/Innovation - Proposes/develops new solutions and new functioning modes.
Awareness of Market Evolutions - Is connected to his/her market/field of expertise, to his/her business evolutions and/or new technologies.
Problem Solving - Identifies and analyses issues, proposes and rolls out relevant solutions after appropriate approvals.
Communication - Knows how and when to develop/sustain a message and/or an idea (speaking and writing), uses the right tools to present information.
Resilience - Demonstrates an ability to step back when facing difficult situations and to bounce back after a failure.
Decision Making - Makes decisions and/or rolls out the decisions taking into account all available information.
Accountability - Alerts, raises the critical points when needed, shoulders and corrects his/her decisions and shows responsibility regarding cost management.
Reliability - Checks his/her work, challenges the solution before submitting it on time and identifies/corrects the mistakes if needed.
Commitment - Makes effort to bring his/her skills and uses his/her expertise to contribute to the success of the Group.
Open Mindedness - Is interested in projects and activities beyond his/her classical scope.
Curiosity - Demonstrates an appetite for learning and developing his/her-self in his/her field of expertise, can develop new practices and methods in relation with his/her day-to-day work.
Leadership - Demonstrates a capacity to drive positively, to convince, to federate around common purpose and to move the teams forward and acts as a role model.
Team Spirit - Helps his/her colleagues and facilitates working relationships seeking the consensus.
Feedback - Gives and takes into consideration constructive remarks, with his/her management, peers, clients and employees.
Flexibility - Adapts to change and shows reactivity to make the best of it.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• FSA and/or FCIA designation required