Product Development Actuary, Life & Health
The PD actuary will be responsible for product development, management and pricing of Life & Health Insurance to SCOR’s clients in Taiwan. He/she will be working closely with the market manager of Taiwan and the Head of Pricing of Taiwan and Great China, to provide and support on product design and pricing, also to develop professional relationship with clients.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To lead on product development exercises, review pricing basis and maintain pricing models for various lines of business
- To independently handle reinsurance quotation requests and produce costing accurately
- To be compliant with and ensure SCOR’s quotation standard procedures and guidelines are followed
- To perform cashflow modelling on pricing of deals
- To perform experience studies and actuarial analysis on current inforce business.
- To provide actuarial support on any special or ad hoc projects.
- To provide support on client management and assist client managers in managing client relationship and developing
Required experience and Education
Required experience & competencies
- 5+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance, with Taiwan experience is preferred
- Understanding of life insurance financial metrics and analysis techniques
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including database applications, spreadsheets, SQL and VBA knowledge a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Strong service and result orientation and a drive to make a difference.
- Ability to anticipate future needs, be proactive and adjust to constant change.
- Enough maturity and flexibility to support and meet client requirements; pricing and/or product innovation
- Bachelor degree or above
- Passing some Actuarial Exams and target to be qualified Actuary