Senior Financial Analyst - Group Finance
Finance & Accounting
The Senior Financial Analyst supports the Group Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) department in all its main tasks:
• Participation in the different planning activities of the group (operating plan, strategic plan, quarterly landing process)
• Analysis of quarterly financial statements, performance measurement, variance analysis vs. Plan and Landing; elaboration of a quarterly analytical and reporting package, participation in the elaboration of internal and external presentations.
SCOR is the 4th largest Reinsurance Company worldwide, following a profit-driven underwriting policy and practising selectively across all branches of reinsurance. Our specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
The Group’s strategy is based on a development model driven by three entities: SCOR Global P&C (Property and Casualty reinsurance), SCOR Global Life (Life reinsurance), and SCOR Global Investments (asset management).
Key duties and responsibilities
- Process owner of Operating / Strategic Plan: production, coordination and quality control of the operating and Strategic plan and its different versions throughout the year. Preparation and coordination of Plan presentations to Executive committee
- Business partner for Capital/Solvency II and SCOR Global Investment departments: key FP&A contact person for Capital, Solvency and Investment teams; covers all specific issues from Planning over quarterly Landing to quarterly results, as well as any other capital/solvency II and investment specific finance matters
- Ad-hoc analyses, benchmarks, preparation of internal memos, etc.
- Participation in interdisciplinary and finance specific projects supporting and/or representing the Head of Group FP&A.
Required experience and Education
- Minimun 5 years work experience in financial services, preferable reinsurance or insurance
- Experience in financial planning & analysis, controlling, consolidation, financial audit or financial consulting
Special knowledge and skills required
- Knowledge of IFRS and Solvency II
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills at all levels including senior management
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
- Ability to drill down to explore root causes of observable facts / issue
- Structured working style, proactive personality with ability to prioritize
- Strong Miscrosoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with SAP solutions (e.g. BFC, BPC, etc...)
- Business and Finance education (Business school, MBA, Bac +5 equivalent)