SGL - Business Development Manager
Contribute to the business development and marketing effort to help SCOR Global Life build a sustainable business in Japan. This includes growing both traditional and non-traditional business by identifying business opportunities, developing new products and reinsurance solutions relevant to all insurers.
SCOR Global Life (SGL) ranks among the top five life reinsurers in the world and is the market leader in the US, based on recurring new business production and in-force volume. SCOR Global Life is part of SCOR SE, founded in 1970 and listed on the Paris Stock Exchange (SCR:PA).
Key duties and responsibilities
- Establish an effective network amongst Japanese life insurance executives, key decision makers and influencers while creating a strong awareness of SGL’s expertise in traditional life insurance, financial solutions and capital management techniques.
- Help execute agreed strategy and plans
- Manage the proposal to customer process both internally and externally. Ensure solutions offered are relevant and commercially attractive to clients whilst satisfying SCOR’s risk and profitability requirements.
- Candidate must research and understand the implications of changes in regulations and accounting standards, and monitor the new life and health product developments.
- Contribute to the development of new reinsurance opportunities, including development of new products: By combining own technical knowledge, market intelligence, and SCOR resources and capabilities.
Required experience and Education
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in financial discipline
- 5-10 years of relevant financial services industry experience in life insurance, life reinsurance or life consulting work in Japan, preferably with emphasis on business development, product development and/or financial management.
- Specific knowledge of Japan market.
- Commercially oriented approach to business development with ambition & drive to achieve results and record of achievement
- Sound understanding of practical and theoretical aspects of life insurance business
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate well with colleagues and management in Japan office and SCOR international network
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
- Effective presenter with senior management audiences and with technical specialists
- Fast learner, highly numerate
- Comfortable with dynamic and fast paced work environment