Solvency 2 Investment Controller
As a member of the Group Finance Solvency II team, you will be supporting the S2 Investment reporting & controlling manager for all investment disclosures required under Solvency II for SCOR Group as well as the 5 solo entities, SCOR SE, SCOR Global Life SE, SCOR Global P&C SE, SCOR UK Ltd. and SCOR Global Life Reinsurance Ireland dac.
As part of this quantitative production process, you will be responsible for ensuring that the related SCOR Solvency 2 policies are properly documented.
You will be supporting the S2 Investment reporting & controlling manager and being involved in several projects of the SCOR Group to ensure BaU of the Investments quantitative reporting, including the further development of the tools and implementation of related processes as well as contribution to the organization and production of qualitative reporting information aspects of the SFCR and the RSR.
Dirigé par Denis KESSLER, avec 37 implantations dans le monde et intervenant auprès de plus de 4 000 clients dans le monde entier, SCOR (plus de 2 500 personnes, un chiffre d’affaires annuel de plus de 13 milliards d’euros, une cotation au SBF 120) est le premier réassureur français et le quatrième réassureur mondial.
SCOR exerce dans trois grands domaines d’activité : la réassurance de dommages et de responsabilité (P&C), la réassurance de personnes (Life) et la gestion d’actifs (Investments).
Key duties and responsibilities
You will integrate into a team which will be responsible for the timely production of the SCOR Group’s quantitative reporting under Solvency 2 (Investment QRTs) whilst ensuring that solo EEA entities can access the information necessary for the production of the necessary quantitative reporting requirements at their level.
Your responsibilities will also include the enhancement of S2 standard setting and Investment reporting processes. You will have an in-depth understanding of the quantitative and qualitative reporting requirements and a general understanding of the S2 reporting landscape related to Investments.
Your initial priority will be the support of the production of the Investment QRT’s for SCOR Group and the solo entities and other Investment deliverables. As part of this exercise you will document detailed processes on data sources, quality and improvements needed. This will enable you to contribute to the further development of the IT architecture for Solvency 2, which is managed by the IT function. You will ensure that policies and principles relating to the preparation of the quantitative Solvency data are properly documented.
- Support the production of the Investment QRTs and Investment P&L attribution following regulatory requirements for SCOR Group and the solo entities as per agreed deadlines
- Ensure Group and solo quantitative reporting process includes reconciliation of data to other key financial data (ie EBS and IFRS)
- Enhanced processes and controls to industrialise report production in the reporting tool selected by the SCOR Group
- Participate to the IT architecture developments and projects with close relations to SII with a view to improve the industrialisation and future reporting processes
- Participate in regulatory watch (EIOPA, ECB, etc.…) and ensure processes and positions are updated as needed
- Document SCOR S2 positions (i.e. valuation principles and other) and ensure proper sign off approval and regular updates
- Document detailed processes and improvements required on data sources used for Investment QRTs production
- Work closely with CoE team leveraging IFRS standards, DDR processes, etc.
- Ensure consistency of S2 disclosures with other financial reporting and communications
- In your role as Solvency 2 Controller you work closely with other departments of the Finance and Risk community in particular with other teams of Solvency 2, capital and risk management. Relating to Solvency 2 regulations you are perceived as a global resource and a key contributor to SCOR and the finance staff at the different locations
The responsibilities of this position can evolve according to the Group’s requirements.
Required experience and Education
- Minimum three years of working in a financial reporting team of a publicly traded company or Big 4 audit company
- Sound Solvency II knowledge
- Team player, collaborative spirit
- Ability to reduce complicated factual contents to the essentials
- Excellent French and English
- Proven work experience within Solvency 2 environment
- At least three years in reporting department of publicly traded company or Big 4 audit firm
- Good communication skills
- Conscientious, curious and enthusiastic
- Well organised, efficient and autonomous
- Analytical and thorough
- Able to identify and summarise the main issues in a clear, unambiguous and simple language
- Ability to communicate and forge constructive relations across the various entities of the Group
- Flexible and reactive in order to respond to a constantly evolving environment
- BAC +5 in finance