Solvency 2 Narrative Reporting And Compliance Analyst
Finance & Accounting
Paris - Permanent
SCOR is the 4th largest Reinsurance Company worldwide, following a profit-driven underwriting policy and practising selectively across all branches of reinsurance. Our specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
The Group’s strategy is based on a development model driven by three entities: SCOR Global P&C (Property and Casualty reinsurance), SCOR Global Life (Life reinsurance), and SCOR Global Investments (asset management).
Key duties and responsibilities
The individual will focus on Solvency II Narrative reporting and Compliance support. The responsibilities cover coordination of the production of Solvency 2 qualitative reports (SFCR, RSR and ad hoc reporting) as well as regulatory compliance support to Pillar 3 deliverables (qualitative and quantitative reporting on a quarterly and annual basis) for the SCOR Group and its European Economic Area (EEA) solo entities, with particular focus on French regulations.
Key Duties & Responsabilities
• Coordinate production of S2 narrative reports
- Manage production of annual SFCR and RSR in French and in English - timetables, responsibility
matrices, progress and dependencies monitoring, preparation of review committees, regular
communication to stakeholders
- Manage cross functional process to obtain and compile contributions from various teams in the
Group. Constantly improve processes to industrialise report production in the reporting tool
selected by the SCOR Group.
- Roll-forward qualitative reports to the next reporting period.
- Coordinate preparation of the financial sections of the narrative reports in liaison with a range of
stakeholders, review sections and ensure compliance and consistency across the Group
reporting (between entities and group as well as other reports, e.g. DDR, ORSA). Resolve issues
and find solutions to gaps and conflicting views.
- Deal with questions from stakeholders and process necessary ad hoc changes.
• Compliance and regulatory
- Participate in Solvency II regulatory watch and support ongoing compliance of all Pillar 3 quantitative and qualitative reporting
- Follow reporting requirements of EIOPA, the European Central Bank and national regulators including NSTs
- Contribute to the documentation of SCOR Pillar 3 positions and processes for quantitative and qualitative information
Required experience and Education
Required experience & competencies
• Minimum three years of working in a financial reporting team of a publicly traded insurance company or relevant consulting experience
• Sound IFRS knowledge
• Proven work experience within Solvency 2 environment
• Team player, collaborative spirit
• Ability to analyse requirements and reduce complicated factual contents to the essentials
• Excellent French and English
• Excellent communication skills – able to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
• Excellent interpersonal skills - able to build constructive relations across the Group
• Conscientious, curious and enthusiastic.
• Well organised, efficient and autonomous.
• Analytical and thorough.
• Flexible and reactive in order to respond to a constantly evolving environment.
• Trustworthy, honest and high ethical and personal standards
• BAC+5 in finance
• At least three years in reporting department of publicly traded company or Big 4 audit firm.
French & English: Can lead discussions and negotiations, write sophisticated and complex reports, rarely makes grammatical errors