Reporting to the Head of SGL Europe Middle East, Africa (SGL EMEA) Strategy, Planning & Support.
You will be responsible for supporting the department manager in the co-ordination of key processes & reporting covering the EMEA region. These will cover the key dimensions of the business including the management of New business pipeline MI & tracking, the tracking progress and actions from new business opportunities subject to SGL Referral process. It also involves coordination with EMEA FP&A team on financial planning and landing for EMEA, Oversight of EMEA Strategic Market reviews, ownership of follow-up on strategic reviews, ad-hoc analysis on market trends, clients, competitors and analyses on Life EMEA’s portfolio – volumes, profitability, potential
SCOR is the 4th largest Reinsurance Company worldwide, following a profit-driven underwriting policy and practising selectively across all branches of reinsurance. Our specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
The Group’s strategy is based on a development model driven by three entities: SCOR Global P&C (Property and Casualty reinsurance), SCOR Global Life (Life reinsurance), and SCOR Global Investments (asset management).
Key duties and responsibilities
Working directly with the department manager, the strategy analyst will have a key role in the co-ordination of leading processes & reporting covering the EMEA region:
- Management of New business pipeline process: monthly pipeline tracking & management. Jointly with the EMEA FP&A team, the strategy analyst will have a key role in the regional financial planning and landing exercise; with particular focus on sales gap analysis and premium generation
- Coordination of monthly EMEA review meetings with SGL Senior management team
- Management of key global / regional clients strategic information
- Management of systematic reviews of EMEA markets’ strategies – coordinate preparatory papers and ensure regular review & follow-up of actions, liaising with other key stakeholders such as SGL Divisional Strategy team as appropriate
- Coordination of EMEA Strategic Market reviews and action tracking. Direct contact with EMEA market managers.
- Ad-hoc analysis on market trends, clients, competitors
- Ad-hoc studies on SGL EMEA’s portfolio
The strategy analyst will also be in charge of ad-hoc requests from EMEA Senior Management Team (Regional CEO, Deputy regional CEO) and responsible for developing, analysing and presenting to the senior management team strategic projects related to the 3-year regional strategic plan.
Required experience and Education
1-3 years’ experience
- Previous experience in data management and quantitative analytics
- Previous experience in preparing and delivering presentations
- Previous project management experience
- Basic understanding of life insurance/reinsurance deals and life insurance/reinsurance markets
- Previous experience in strategic consulting and forecasting & financial analysis is a plus
The key attributes of a successful candidate will include strong analytic skills with ability to interpret analytic results, ability to prepare effective presentations (strong attention to details), understanding insurance/reinsurance basics, ability to work on many projects at a time either independently or within a team, strong relationship building skills and a solution orientated self-motivated approach to work within a complex organisational matrix.
- Focus on quality management, attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with multi-discipline teams in a multi-locational and multi-cultural environment
- Clear thinker – able to understand and unravel complex issues and devise solutions
- Able to operate effectively in a culture of openness and improvement
- Highly numerate and analytical – able to interpret and understand results
- Able to work in challenging and complex environment and meet both internal and external deadlines
- Proactive and receptive to change, a positive outlook and adherence to company values.
- Focus on delivery of quality deliverables on time
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Excellent use of Excel and Power Point is key.
- Ability to use data manipulation and reporting tools.
- Ability to determine data’s quality, value and relevance in difference contexts
- Ability to turn information into business insights, analyse trends and how to compare or combine relevant data sets.
- Ability to implement the data into real-world strategies.
Master Degree / University Degree from top ranked University