Technical Administrative Assistant
To provide a reliable and efficient technical support to all the underwriting assistants and underwriters.
SCOR is the 4th largest Reinsurance Company worldwide, following a profit-driven underwriting policy and practising selectively across all branches of reinsurance. Our specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
The Group’s strategy is based on a development model driven by three entities: SCOR Global P&C (Property and Casualty reinsurance), SCOR Global Life (Life reinsurance), and SCOR Global Investments (asset management).
Key duties and responsibilities
• Clear new accounts, enter into Omega, confirm clearance to Underwriter.
• Monitor SCOR UK Branch Mailbox
• Mail or email certificates and endorsements to clients.
• Review policy wordings, assess endorsements.
• DMS filing.
• Tracking of all Faculative prospects until binding
• Receive electronic submission for new and renewal accounts, file in Underwriting Drive, DMS and pass to U/A.
• Review treaty renewal and new submissions.
• OMEGA data entry.
• Set up underwriting files
• Run BO Reports
• DMS Treaty correspondence
• Prepare Expense Reports for all Underwriters
• Book Meeting rooms and arrange catering, register guests as requested
• Maintain off-site storage records.
• SCOR Report – Prepare weekly Recipient List
Required experience and Education
Required Skills & Competencies
• Working knowledge of Insurance (Reinsurance is an asset)
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook
• Basic understanding of facultative policies (an asset).
• The ability to prioritise the varying demands and handle multiple tasks.
• As well as the defined daily job requirements, must respond to the various individual requests from all underwriting assistants and underwriters. .
• To create and maintain accurate information within the OMEGA environment (Treaty and Fac)
• Excellent communication skills
The Individual We are looking for:
• Is professional, friendly and respectful in all interactions with company partners and colleagues.
• Is a team player, willing and able to adapt to change.
• Is detail oriented.
• Is able to perform well in a busy office and be steady under pressure
• High School Diploma
• Post Secondary Education desired
• CIP Designation an asset