Controller & Technical Accountant - Life EMEA
For the Iberian market of the SCOR Global Life Division, the Financial & Accounting Department is in charge of making and building the analysis of the technical accounts, manage and follow-up our business as well as the update of Omega 2.0.
It is also in charge of the General Expenses Administration, Human Resources, IT, General services, etc…
7 people compose the team.
The context of the market and the ViA plan requires a good track of new business opportunities, some of them quite different from the traditional core nature of our portfolio.
The follow up and monitoring of those is critical. To make a state of the art local BA & TA is key to assure that ViA is met.
SCOR is the 4th largest Reinsurance Company worldwide, following a profit-driven underwriting policy and practising selectively across all branches of reinsurance. Our specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
The Group’s strategy is based on a development model driven by three entities: SCOR Global P&C (Property and Casualty reinsurance), SCOR Global Life (Life reinsurance), and SCOR Global Investments (asset management).
Missions et responsabilités
Your responsibilities are:
- Creation and update of reinsurance contracts in OMEGA 2
- Accounting for technical accounts received from ceding
o RES request for numbers
o First claim technical balances
o Auditing of accounts
o Updating and monitoring tables
o Management accounting events with ceding
o Estimates by contract/company
- Coordination, reporting & support to underwriting department
- LIRAS: upgrade of the base with the heads < 300.000 €
- Support in Financial business management and follow up (ReMark, Filiassur, Mediterraneo Vida…)
- Technical accounting controller
o Run of several Technical accounting controls
o Technical accounting dashboard
o Accurate analysis of cedent figures & follow up
o Audits of certain treaties & technical accounting management
- Projects support for DMS, Helios, RA, TRACE…
Expérience requise et Formation
Diploma : Administration or Economic Degree.
· 5-years’ experience in Finance
· To be rigorous
· Open-minded and dynamic
· To have a good mind for analysis
· Have a good team spirit, be willing to work with other people
· To be responsible, helpful, methodical and multi-purposed
· Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office and Business Object or SAP Web Intelligence.
The knowledge of French language would be appreciated.