Senior Risk Manager (M/F) (CDI)
Within the “Group Risk Management Department (GRM)”, you will be reporting to the Deputy Head of Group Risk Management. Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) supports the strategic objectives defined by the Group. GRM drives and contributes to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of ERM-related standards, processes and tools. As a Senior Risk Manager, the main responsibilities of the role are related to analyzing and providing an opinion on business related to underwriting and, in particular, existing and emerging risks referred to GRM and on the Strategic plans. The successful candidate will play a vital role in the management of underwriting risk, and will be working closely with the divisional Chief Risk Officers, Underwriting Management and other risk departments across the Group.
Dirigé par Denis KESSLER, avec 37 implantations dans le monde et intervenant auprès de plus de 4 000 clients dans le monde entier, SCOR (plus de 2 500 personnes, un chiffre d’affaires annuel de plus de 13 milliards d’euros, une cotation au SBF 120) est le premier réassureur français et le quatrième réassureur mondial.
SCOR exerce dans trois grands domaines d’activité : la réassurance de dommages et de responsabilité (P&C), la réassurance de personnes (Life) et la gestion d’actifs (Investments).
Missions et responsabilités
The main areas of responsibility, at the present time, are as follows:
- For certain significant transactions or new types of business, GRM’s opinion is required. The successful candidate will analyze and provide an opinion on business referred to GRM.
- These referrals can relate to different kinds of risks: biometric risks or P&C underwriting, but also financial, operational, liquidity and other types of risks
- SCOR issues a new strategic plan every three years. These plans are referred to GRM for review. The successful candidate will analyze the plans, form an opinion, and suggest mitigation actions and control implementation as needed.
- Provide analyses for specific risks
- Contribute to risk exposure monitoring and identify potential correlations with other Group exposures.
Group Internal Model (GIM)
- Participate in reviews and analyses related to the Group Internal Model
Contribution to other Risk Management activities
- Liaise with Group Internal Audit (GIA) on underwriting Risk Management related Audit Planning, Reports, Follow Ups and other subjects
- Provide insight, suggestions and assistance to the Operational Risk management team, which includes in particular, Project Risk referrals and management, Internal Control Systems and Data Quality
Communication of the Group’s ERM
- Provide support for the preparation of material for external and internal stakeholders as necessary
The responsibilities of this position can evolve according to the Group’s requirements.
Expérience requise et Formation
- At least ten years practical (re)insurance experience in a senior underwriting role which involved significant written and oral communication in English of technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Significant experience in P&C underwriting
- Solid experience in risk analysis
- Some experience of biometric risks (not required but valued)
- Some experience of “financial solutions structures” (not required but valued)
- Actuarial/Mathematical background (not required but valued)
- Good understanding of the principles of capital and risk models
- Knowledge of the principles and underlying concepts of ERM
- Able to grasp, create and develop new practical risk-related concepts to further progress the effectiveness of internal risk reporting and internal and external ERM communication
- Conscientious, curious and enthusiastic
- Well organised, efficient, pragmatic and autonomous
- Analytical and thorough
- Able to identify and summarise the main issues in a clear, unambiguous and simple language
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to challenge and build consensus
- Ability to communicate and forge constructive relations across the various entities of the Group
- Flexible and reactive in order to respond to a constantly evolving environment
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and a basic level of spoken and written French