New appointments at SCOR Global Life
SCOR Global Life announces 5 promotions.
SCOR Global Life announces the following promotions:
- Simon Pearson, recently promoted to Deputy CEO of SCOR Global Life and member of the Group Executive Committee, will also assume the CEO position of the newly created region of Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Marc Archambault is promoted to CEO of Asia-Pacific. Based in Singapore, Marc will be in charge of further developing the Group’s franchise in the Asia-Pacific region.
- David O’Brien is promoted to Head of Global Financial & Longevity Solutions. Based in London, David will be in charge of expanding these important global product lines, in line with the ambitions set out in the “Optimal Dynamics” plan.
- Stephen Collins is promoted to Head of Global Distribution Solutions. SCOR Global Life has successfully deployed a number of innovative and tailored client services which aim to help insurers to expand and develop their own client bases (SCOR Telemed, ReMark, Velogica and Rehalto). Based in Amsterdam, Stephen will be in charge of implementing a unified strategy to continue the successful development of these services.
- Bruno Latourrette is promoted to Head of Actuarial & Risk, responsible for all core technical functions (Reserving and Valuation, Risk management, Pricing and Research & Development). Based in Paris, Bruno will ensure the global alignment of these key competencies.
All announced positions have direct reporting lines to Paolo De Martin, CEO of SCOR Global Life.
Paolo De Martin, Chief Executive Officer of SCOR Global Life, comments: “The promotions we are announcing today are a sign of SCOR Global Life’s strong talent base and of our constant focus on supporting our customers. We believe that our success continues to be driven by our ability to service our customers locally, while providing best in class and global solutions.”
Denis Kessler, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of SCOR, comments: “The new SCOR Global Life organization has been endorsed by the SCOR Group Comex and is fully aligned with the objectives presented in our strategic plan “Optimal Dynamics”. SCOR Global Life will continue to work closely with SCOR Global P&C and SCOR Global Investments to reach these objectives.”
Simon Pearson, a British citizen, is a qualified actuary. After leading Revios UK since 2004, Simon joined the Executive Committee of SCOR Global Life at its inception in November 2006. Following the acquisition of Transamerica Re in August 2011, he joined the new Executive Committee of SCOR Global Life, heading SGL markets in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific. Simon has been recently promoted to Deputy CEO of SCOR Global Life and to the Group Executive Committee.
David O’Brien, an Irish citizen, is a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK) and of the Society of Actuaries (US). David began his career at Irish Life in a range of actuarial roles covering pricing, product development, reserving, and financial reporting. He subsequently worked for a global reinsurer in South Africa between 1998 and 2002, during which time he was promoted to head their life and health reinsurance business in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. In 2002, David joined Transamerica Reinsurance in the US, holding several positions and becoming Chief Pricing Actuary in 2006. After a two-year period with a Wall St investment bank as Senior Vice President, Insurance Products, David joined Transamerica Reinsurance’s international division in 2008 as Senior Vice President, Business development. In 2010 he moved to Asia to lead Transamerica Reinsurance’s Asia-Pacific business. Following the acquisition by SCOR of Transamerica Reinsurance, David assumed responsibility for SCOR Global Life’s Asia-Pacific business in 2013, working from SCOR’s Singapore Hub.
Marc Archambault, a Canadian citizen, holds a Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science from Laval University in Canada. He joined SCOR’s Life business in Paris in 1990 as Market Manager for North America and Asia. Between 1993 and 1996, he was involved in developing the Asian markets for SCOR, based in Singapore. After setting up SCOR’s cooperation with THAI Reinsurance in Thailand from 1996 to 2000, he was appointed business development Manager for SCOR’s US markets, based in Dallas. Thereafter, Marc held several positions at SCOR Global Life including Executive Vice-President and Chief Agent in Canada. He subsequently took charge of Southern and Western Europe and Asia-Pacific, and in 2011 was appointed Head of Western & Eastern Europe / Africa and Deputy Head of Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific. He is an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA).
Bruno Latourrette, a French citizen, is a graduate of the Ecole Polytechnique and the Ecole Nationale de la Statistique et de l’Administration Economique (ENSAE), and holds a Master of Science in Economics from the London School of Economics. Bruno Latourrette began his career at SCOR Global Life in 1996, in charge of actuarial studies. He was subsequently Chief Actuary at SCOR's Dallas subsidiary between 2001 and 2004, before becoming Senior Actuary at the Paris office in 2004. He was appointed head of Legal & General's actuarial department in France in 2005, before becoming Chief Actuary of SCOR Global Life in April 2008 and subsequently Head of Actuarial & Underwriting in December 2013. Bruno Latourrette is a member of the French and American Societies of Actuaries.
Stephen Collins, an Australian citizen, is currently the CEO of ReMark International, the Group’s alternative distribution and marketing consultancy business. Following SCOR’s acquisition of ReMark in 2007, Stephen was recruited as a change agent to revitalise the company and lead the development of Group-wide distribution initiatives, with particular emphasis on partnerships or participation in value chain capability beyond traditional Risk and Capital Solutions. He has over 25 years’ experience in the financial services, consulting and technology sectors where he has held a range of executive management and board-level positions throughout Asia, Europe and the Americas. He is a graduate of the Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM) of the University of New South Wales (UNSW), and a Fellow of the Business and Law School at Charles Darwin University.
Group Head of Communications
+33 (0)1 58 44 75 43
Head of Investor Relations
+44 203 207 8561
Learn more about this topic