AMERICAS - MGA Program Business, Senior Claim Analyst [EN]
|JOB OFFER | 21.03.2017||Reference|
This claim professional will work under the supervision of the claims Assistant Vice President of MGA Program Business and serve as an integral part of the team dedicated to this business. He/she must have proven knowledge of multiple lines of property and casualty business, with an emphasis on property. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in claims handling, including coverage analysis, investigation, damage assessment and evaluation, as well as litigation management experience. Familiarity with program business and management of third party administrators (TPAs) is strongly preferred. This position will be dedicated to SCOR’s Managing General Agent (MGA) Program Business unit, but is housed and coordinates with the Company’s Americas claim operation. This claim professional will partner with both internal and external stakeholders including those in underwriting, actuarial, operations, accounting, MGAs, and TPAs in order to effectively manage and optimize performance of the programs. This person will be a key player in the management of the programs, including overseeing referral claims within their authority, analyzing claim data, managing claims related to natural catastrophes, coordinating due diligence reviews of TPAs, compiling claim data for submission to regulatory bodies and the auditing of TPAs’ claim handling performance. Experience in the development and/or testing of a new claim platform/system is strongly preferred.
Some travel may be required.
Location / HUB: Chicago, IL / New York
Key duties & responsibilities
• Conduct claim analysis of reportable program business claims (within authority) and communicate to team members regarding significant issues and relevant changes.
• Serve as an integral part of the MGA Program business team who are designing, testing and implementing a system/platform to manage this business.
• Be a part of the team which conducts claim audits of TPAs, either by way of audit preparation and completion or onsite review.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners including representatives from TPAs, MGAs, underwriting, accounting, legal, risk management, actuarial, catastrophe modellers as well as other areas of the claims department as required.
• Develop, share and maintain knowledge of the capabilities of TPAs in the marketplace. Prepare and submit claim data in response to both internal and external requests, including those from regulatory bodies.
• Serve a member of the team which manages SCOR’s overall direct/primary insurance business in the Americas.
• Submit timely requests for information relating to the due diligence process of TPAs, track and review the documentation received to determine if it meets SCOR requirements, and report findings to manager.
• Play a role in catastrophe event monitoring, including securing updated loss information from TPAs outside of regular bordereaux timelines for the purpose of timely assessing SCOR exposure and meeting regulatory reporting requirements.
• Conduct regular and timely analysis of escrow account levels and make recommendations for changes when supported by data.
• Assist in the evaluation of the contracts entered into between SCOR and TPAs.
• Create and close claim records.
• Assist in the monitoring and analysis of monthly TPA bordereaux reporting, including the identification of claims which meet reporting criteria; identifying, investigating and rectifying incomplete or inaccurate data submissions; and monitoring loss trends.
• Assist in the development of quarterly Program Business reports.
• Seek to understand and meet or exceed customer needs and expectations to deliver an enhanced level of customer service.
• Other duties/projects as assigned
Member of the following committees: e.g. Audit committee, Investment Committee etc.
• Americas Claim Department Team