We believe in experience, and we believe in expertise. That's why our underwriters are professionals from the energy sector, with experience in the field.
Run globally from Paris, London, Houston and Singapore, the Onshore Energy team has the leading skills you need to face your challenges with a variety of products. We will explore a broad and diverse range of solutions with you, from traditional to alternative risk transfer, in order to create the product you need.
Our offer goes beyond risk transfer, encompassing a wide range of services:
- Risk assessment visits and loss prevention recommendations to spread the best practices and lessons learned from our wealth of experience.
- Fair and pragmatic claims handling by a specialized team – in which the underwriter is involved – and timely settlements.
- Modelling capabilities to assess worst-case scenarios, from natural perils to vapor cloud explosions.
- Specific technical seminars and “SCOR Campus” conferences and roundtables.
- Refineries and upgraders
- Petrochemicals and polymers
- Gas processing
- Tank farms
Ability to provide direct insurance through Lloyd's and SCOR licensed entities, including Australia, Canada, EU, UK and USA.
Michel Krenzer has over 25 years’ experience in the insurance sector. After working for Foster Wheeler in Paris as a Chemical Engineer, he joined UAP Large Corporate Risks as a Loss Prevention Engineer. He then moved to Oil & Gas underwriting at Sorema in 1995. He moved to London in 1999 to start up a facultative branch office for Sorema before joining SCOR in 2001. He began working at SCOR UK as Senior Energy Underwriter and has held various managerial positions within SCOR Specialty Insurance, the Large Corporate Risks division of SCOR Global P&C. He was appointed Onshore Energy Manager for the Paris and London offices in 2009 and then Global Leader - Onshore Energy in 2018. Since 2023, he has been Global Energy Head at SCOR Specialty Insurance.