The Alternative Solutions team focuses on the development of customized, non-traditional, and new products/solutions. Leveraging SCOR’s diversified capital and the risk knowledge of its underwriters, the team provides insurance and corporate clients with structured solutions for Capital Optimization, Earnings and Cash Flow Volatility management, Protection Gap cover and Special Situation needs.
- Traditional lines of business (Property, Liability)
- Non-standard risks or perils such as non-damage financial loss, business risks (loss of revenues, cost overrun, performance guarantees, liquidated damages, etc.)
Products can be:
- Multi-line of business / multi-year
- Stop loss / aggregate cover
- Structured protections of self-insured retention
- Parametric / Index based solutions
Insurance or reinsurance licenses with a paper-flexible approach.
Eric Le Mercier has been Chief Underwriting Officer of Alternative Solutions since 2019. Eric joined SCOR in 2015, initially as Deputy Chief Underwriting Officer of the unit. With more than 20 years of experience in finance and (re)insurance, including eight years focusing on “ART” solutions at Allianz, he has gained considerable experience in the various aspects of alternative risk transfer techniques. He has particular expertise in solutions designed for capital relief and the reduction of earnings volatility.