Our multidisciplinary Offshore Energy team is proud to serve a wide range of companies, ranging from small independent ventures to fully integrated national and international oil majors.
Our underwriting capacity, technical knowledge and commitment to providing and supporting innovative, tailor-made solutions, make SCOR a well-recognized player in the offshore market, with a strong reputation and long-term client relationships.
Our offering goes beyond risk transfer, encompassing a wide range of services:
- Pricing and leading of complex insurance programs
- Expertise in the review and design of captive programs and captive protection
- Ability to write worldwide business on a direct or reinsurance basis
- Risk assessment visits and loss prevention recommendations, designed to spread best practices and the lessons learned from our wealth of experience
- Fair and pragmatic claims handling by a specialized team – which includes the underwriter – and timely settlements
- Specific technical seminars and “SCOR Campus” conferences
- Upstream Packages (incl. With Onshore Assets)
- Offshore Windfarms
- Construction All Risks (WELCAR, WINDCAR, Builder’s risk, etc.)
- Mobile Offshore Units (FPSO, FSU, FLNG, etc.)
- Cables, Pipelines
- Offshore Drilling (Rigs & Contractors)
- Standalone Land Rigs
Ability to provide direct insurance through Lloyd's and SCOR licensed entities, including Australia, Canada, EU, UK and USA.
Oliver Paine joined SCOR as Global Segment Leader of Offshore Energy in 2020. Previously he has managed offshore energy classes at two different Lloyd’s syndicates, underwriting global portfolios. Oliver started his career as an upstream energy broker at a major broking house. Oliver has a bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering and Management from Loughborough University and is a Chartered Insurer (ACII).
Michel Krenzer Michel Krenzer has over 25 years experience in the insurance sector. After working for Foster Wheeler in Paris as a Chemical Engineer, he joined UAP Large Corporate Risks as a Loss Prevention Engineer. He then moved to Oil & Gas underwriting at Sorema in 1995. He moved to London in 1999 to start up a facultative branch office for Sorema before joining SCOR in 2001. He started at SCOR UK as Senior Energy Underwriter and has had various managerial positions within the Large Corporate Risks division of SCOR Global P&C. He was appointed Onshore Energy Manager for Paris and London offices in 2009, Global Leader - Onshore Energy in 2018 and Global Head of Energy in 2023.